The Cisco ACE Load Balancing Module allows your enterprise to accomplish four primary IT objectives for application delivery:
- Helps ensure business continuity by increasing application availability
- Improves business productivity by accelerating application and server performance
- Reduces data center power, space, and cooling needs through a virtualized architecture
- Helps lower operational costs associated with application provisioning and scaling
Available, Scalable, and Energy Efficient Application Delivery
The Cisco ACE Module achieves these goals through a broad set of intelligent Layer 4 load-balancing and Layer 7 content-switching technologies integrated with leading-edge acceleration and security capabilities. A crucial design element of Cisco ACE, and a differentiator between the Cisco solution and other solutions in the marketplace, is its ability to use virtualized architecture and role-based administration capabilities that streamline and reduce the cost of operations involved in deploying, scaling, accelerating, and protecting applications.
- Distribute traffic HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTSP, POP/IMAP, ...
- Distribute SSL traffic
- Define a "weight" for each of your servers or VMs
- Configure the monitoring sensors
- Manage the NAT / DNAT for your virtual rack
- View statements and performance in SNMP